Friday, March 2, 2018

Fit For A Summer Wedding

Current Fragrance: Champaca Absolute from Tom Ford
Currently Listening: Paramedic! by SOB X RBE

Friday is my off day where I normally go out do things I want to do, but sadly there's a nor'easter and I have sequestered myself inside away from the wind and the rain. What a better day to dial into some escapism and talk about the heady and summery Champaca Absolute from Tom Ford.

I really didn't know a lot from Tom Ford, all I had personally tried was Neroli Portofino, Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather and Cafe Rose. Of those I really like Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille. I decided upon getting into perfume again it was time to try some different Tom Ford's. Upon talking with the salesperson, she hooked my up with samples of both Champaca Absolute and Noir De Noir. (More about that one in an upcoming blog post.)

I really like Champaca Absolute! On first sniff I immediately thought it would have been something I would have liked to have worn to our wedding. (Which was a very perfumed affair. All my bridesmaids got a different Trish McEvoy scent to match their personalities as bridesmaids gifts.)



To me Champaca Absolute is very heady and lush. It contains notes of tokaji wine, cognac, bergamot, magnolia champaca, orchid, violet, jasmine, vanilla, amber, sandalwood and marron glacĂ©. To me the magnolia is the floral star...making it to me, not ok if you wear it above (I'll be generous) I-70, of if you are of Southern heritage. ;-) The amber,sandalwood and vanilla ground it, keeping the fragrance from being too fleeting. 

All geographical kidding aside, this is exactly what I want to wear on a day today where the air is a little bit thicker, the magnolia trees bloom and there's sweet tea in the fridge. (Who am I kidding? There's two pitchers of sweet tea in my fridge as we speak.)

*Currently Listening: Black Panther by Kendrick Lamar

No comments:

Post a Comment